Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Wrap up of Prokaryotic vs Eukaryotic Cells.

We spent a good deal of time today on the two daily questions.  As always, we spent just as much time going over why each of the wrong answers were WRONG as we did finding the correct answers.  Here's what we came up with.
I then had you read trough a passage that summarizes all we have talked about so far in this chapter.  I turned this into a "learning how to learn" activity as I encouraged you to underline, star, highlight, etc the passage as you went to help focus your thoughts.  I did the same as you read and this is what my paper looked like.
I mentioned how pointing out key parts of a passage or key parts of your notes will help you "chunk" all this information into smaller, easier to access compartments in your brain!!

You then had the last couple minutes of class to answer the questions that went along with this Active reading which will be due at the beginning of the period tomorrow.

For a good recap of what we have done so far, the first five minutes of "Mr.Anderson's" podcast is a good place to review!

No comments:

Post a Comment