Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Exams and heredity introduction

Today you guys recieved your tests back from meiosis and sexual reproduction. I am still working on the take home part of the test which was worth 21 points. I hope to have all these graded and back to you by tomorrow. I really wanted to go over this exam because the next chapter on heredity springs right from meiosis and I don't want you to close that door in your brain. I gave you a chapter packet today that you will refer to throughout the WHOLE chapter (that is why it is so large). Continue to check out this blog as we go through the rest of the year!!!

2 comments:

  1. When crossing-over occurs does that mean that those sister chromatids would never go back to the way they were? Ive been wondering that, I just forgot to ask.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Correct - at least in THAT cell. Remember though - that meiosis happens more than once so EVERY gamete that is produced is a little different. Sometimes crossing over occurs - other times not - and not ALL chromosomes may cross over or cross over in the same place. Congrats on being the first to comment by the way ;)

      Delete